Wednesday 30 December 2009

Facts About Asin



Full Name: Asin Thottumkal

Date of Birth: October 26, 1985

Height: 5' 4" (1.63 m)

Eye color: Black

Nickname(s): Malabar Ahzagi, Tamil ammayee

Hails From: Cochin, Kerala, India

Education: LKG to 10th Grade in Naval Public School, Cochin

School: 11th and 12th Grade in St. Teresa's Higher Seconday School, Cochin

College: B.A. English Literature at St. Teresa's College, Cochin

Family: Mother: Dr. SelineThottumkal (Civil Surgeon),

Father: Joseph Thottumkal (Businessman)

Religious affiliations: Christian

Languages::Malayalyam, Tamil, Telugu, Hindi, English, French , Sanskrit

Favorite Color: Red, Black:

Favorite Food: Small fresh water fish or prawns fried with Kerala Rice

Other:


Role Models: Parents

Dress: Jeans, Shirts

I Like: Simplicity

I Hate: Dishonesty

Definition of love: Love is to extend oneself to nurture the all-round development of another as a person

Facts: Started learning Bharatnatyam from the age of three

Asin's Interview
You have a very unusual name

(Laughs loudly) Yes. Sometimes I find it difficult to teach people how to pronounce my name. Actually, in Christian families girls are named after their grandmother. My granny’s name was Mary but my parents wanted to have an unusual name for their child which no one has and have a meaning. They found this name Asin which means- without sin, pure, without blemishes… Now I am glad and proud that I have an unusual name.

How did you come into films?
It’s a very interesting thing. While I was studying at the naval public school in Kochi, I was an all rounder. I have represented my school in sports, culturals and lot of activities. Thus seeing my photographs in newspapers, some advertising assignments came my way while I was just 14.

Then director Satyan Anthikkad cast me in his film as second heroine though immediately I was spotted by Telugu director Puri Jaganathan for Amma Nana O Tamil Ammayi with Ravi Teja. This film was a super hit and then I signed Sivamani with Nagarjuna. Then offers started pouring in and believe me everything happened so fast in my life.

But were you prepared for it?
Actually, I didn’t have time to think about anything. Even my parents and friends were in a state of shock as I never had any big dreams of making it to films. But now that I am here, I want to do the best. My dad always says that I am a perfectionist and it is true. All I want to do is a few good films.

You are touted to be the number one in Tamil film industry today with films opposite top heroes like Vijay, Vikram, Surya, Ajit?
(Smiles) Yeah I am enjoying my work. But please note that I am not in the race for number one position. Everyone is doing well for themselves.

Do you mind doing glamourous roles?
People mistake glamour for vulgarity. I love doing glamourous roles in characters that are young, bubbly and modern but definitely will be a miscast in skin shows. Today’s cinema is aimed at youth and I love doing homely roles that family audience can relate to.

No comments:

Post a Comment